Stop Suicide San Joaquin
Working Together to Prevent Suicides
Stop Suicide of San Joaquin is a an integrated group of local Suicide Prevention services formed to address the growing problem of Suicide. If you suspect someone is having suicidal thoughts start the conversation. By asking the question you are not putting the idea into their head.
Some Key Signs to look for in individuals:
- Emotional crisis due to job loss, legal trouble, loss of a loved one or newly diagnosed illness
- Major change in behavior: depression, violence, anger/aggression, alcohol or drug use
- Increased impulsiveness, risk taking reckless behavior
- Expressing a desire to die or end his or her own life
- Putting affairs in order, giving a way prized possessions, impulse purchase of a firearm
- Withdrawing from activities they used to enjoy
- The risk is greater if a behavior is new or has increased and if it seems related to a painful event, loss, or change.
Some of the key factors to help reduce Suicide:
- Work within your community to reduce isolation of your friends, neighbors, co-workers and others. This simple act can help Save Lives
- Be Aware of those in your sphere of influence
- Watch for changes in individual behaviors, do you notice these behaviors:
- Neglecting a normally well-kept yard
- Papers and mail piling-up
- No longer as friendly as usual
- Recently lost a loved one
- Recently lost a companion animal
Why not reach out with a neighborly visit today?